Bridgend Carpet Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning Bridgend, Upholstery cleaning bridgend, south wales carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning south wales,
bridgend house cleaning, bridgend leather cleaning, cardiff carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning cardiff, carpet cleaning swansea, swansea carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning swansea, house cleaning cardiff, house cleaning bridgend, cardiff upholstery cleaning, neath carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning neath, maesteg carpet cleaning, caerphilly carpet cleaning, ammanford carpet cleaning, rhonndda carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning pontyclun,
HINTS AND TIPS
HINTS AND TIPS
Helpful advice/guidelines following the cleaning process
• Care should be taken when walking from a damp carpet to hard surfaces, as this can be a slipping hazard. It is recommended that you place a mat to dry feet in any potential hazard areas, and that persons entering these areas be advised to take extra care.
• Avoid wearing outdoor footwear on freshly cleaned carpeting, until areas are fully dry.
• Assist drying by keeping rooms as warm as possible and providing adequate ventilation. In the warmer months open doors and windows fully to create air movement over the cleaned items, as this will greatly improve drying times.
• Items of furnishings must not be replaced back on to freshly cleaned carpet without protector pads unless the carpet is absolutely dry. Protector pads prevent loose wood dye or rust from furnishings staining the carpeting (Protector pads are supplied as part of the service for this purpose). Wall units, wardrobes and cabinets etc., which are flat based, must not be replaced until the carpets are absolutely dry as these could seal in moisture possibly causing mould mildew and associated problems.
• Do not place freshly cleaned cushions directly against radiators or other heat sources as this can permanently heat set marks into certain susceptible fabrics.
• Upholstery loose cushions must be allowed to dry fully before being replaced back on to the frame of the suite. We recommend that the zip ends of the cushions are placed to the floor, and that the cushions are rested against one another to allow air circulation on both sides. Cushions to be moved at intervals to allow air circulation to ALL parts.
• Some upholstery linings and information tags can contain extremely loose dyes, which is another good reason to keep the cushions off the frame until they are fully dry.
Dying times for both carpes and upholstery often vary depending on many different factors, i.e. Type of fibre content, pile density, degree of soiling, room temperature and air circulation ventilation, and of course the type of cleaning process utilised. The operator will be able to advise better having assessed the items and environmental conditions.
The best form of advertising is generated from existing satisfied clients therefore Customer care is extremely important to us. I hope that we have inspired your confidence, so you will be happy to refer our services to family, friends, or colleagues. But if, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied, then please let us know, in order for us to put things right for you.
The above guidelines are to ensure that you receive the full benefits of having your carpets and soft furnishings professionally cleaned, with minimal disruption. Additionally the advice is to guard against some common unnecessary problems. Thank you for your valued custom, and we look forward to continuing to provide our services to you in the future.
DEALING WITH SPOTS & STAINS ‘DON’T PANIC’
General tips: Always test an inconspicuous area prior to treating a stain, Do not over wet into backing materials, Use detergents at recommended dilution ratios. Scrape up or blot up any access prior to treatment, never rub or scrub, do not use inappropriate detergents on carpets or upholstery i.e. (washing up liquid, wash powders, household bleach, disinfectants). Always work from the out side of the stain inward to avoid spreading. Always apply the cleaning fluid to the absorbent spotting material not directly onto the carpet or fabric, encourage quick drying, deal with stains as quickly as possible for increased chances of success. Keep the fabric or carpet as dry as possible.
GREASY STAINS. i.e. Chocolate, Butter, Lipstick, some oily food stains, some ink
1. Apply small quantity of Surgical spirit to some cotton wool or Q-tip (cotton bud).
2. Using the lightly soaked cotton wool apply to the edges of the stain working inwards to the center.
3 Gently press (Blot) either Terry towel, or kitchen roll, and repeat as necessary until the stain no longer transfers. Do not allow penetration into the back of carpeting or foam filling materials! Some fabrics may darken initially during this process.
3. Using a detergent solution on cotton wool, dampen the area and follow up by blotting with kitchen roll or terry toweling.
4. Dry, using hair dryer, continually moving over the damp area. (This will help to prevent water marking)
WATER BASED STAINS i.e. (Tea, Coffee, Fruit juices, wine, some basic food stains)
1. Soak up immediately using absorbent material, or suck up with a wet pick up vacuum.
2. Rewet the area using tepid water on a small piece of sponge or cotton wool.
3. Blot with dry absorbent material Terry towel, kitchen roll, (Repeat as necessary…)
4. Dry with hair dryer keeping the dryer moving all the time, (this will help to prevent watermarking).
DRIED IN STAINS.
Detergent Solution: Two litres of tepid water + a quarter of a teaspoon ONLY of carpet shampoo + one eggcup full of (white vinegar)
1. Rewet the stained area using the detergent solution applied on a piece of cotton wool.
2. Blot using kitchen roll or terry towel as above.
CARPETS. The final procedure for carpets following the wetting and blotting procedures should be as follows: -
Place 5-6 layers of kitchen roll on the affected area and place on top a telephone directory. Allow to dry over 24 hours, this will absorb any stain in the base of the fiber’s that are likely to wick up to the surface during the drying process.
Whilst the stain removal guide may be simple and basic, it will assist in the professional’s chances of success should you find expert assistance required. If followed it should help prevent some quite common and expensive DIY stain removal damage.